The customer is a Gujarat based IT services company. The customer wanted to setup a public cloud infrastructure.
The customer wanted to setup a public cloud infrastructure. They had selected vRealize suite to provide the backend for this infrastructure. This was a large green field deployment multiple clusters with enterprise grade Hybrid, SSD & NVMe shared storage.
The customer wanted custom vRealize Orchestrator workflows integrated with vRealize Automation for:
- Custom vRA blueprint to provide T-Shirt sizing for CPU, Memory and Storage
- vRO workflow to auto-resize the OS drive or / filesystem based on selected storage size
- Cisco ACI to provide network segments for multi-tenancy
- Custom Spectrum Protect Plus blueprint (vRA) to provide Backup As A Service
- Custom F5 Load Balancer blueprint (vRA) to provide for Load Balancer As A Service
- Custom Checkpoint firewall blueprint (vRA) to provide for Firewall As A Service
- Custom vRA form to customize administrator/root password for VMs deployed via vRA blueprint
- Show-back configuration using vRealize Business
This was a green field deployment and the customer was in process of setting up the datacenter operations for a public cloud infrastructure.
Post deployment the customer is able to deliver infrastructure as a service to its end customers along with multi-tenancy and various XaaS services.
The entire design, deployment, validation and documentation of the infrastructure was handled by Team Smartedge. Team Smartedge was responsible for attending various project governance meetings with the customer and various stakeholder to ensure timely completion of project deliverables. Building consensus on strategy and delivery mechanisms for various services defined as part of the project scope. The entire project lasted for about 4 months.
- Several infrastructure pre-requisite components including Active Directory services were setup by the team.
- Various custom blueprints were configured and delivered to the customer, which enabled the customer offer these capabilities as a service.
- Integration of various third party components with vRealize Suite.
- Show-back from a cost perspective for deployed VM instances
- Fullfiling all the desired business outcomes and ensuring customer satisfaction for timely delivery.
- Additional vRealize Operations dashboards were created as per customer needs as part of post deployment feedback.
The team delivered a full set of documentation which included design documents, HLDs, LLDs and As-Built document. The customer’s operations team was enabled with appropriate knowledge transfer sessions for supporting Day 2 operations.